I usually post about the happenings in our family, but in a way - this is about our family because this video that I watched a few months ago really had an impact on me.
Randy Pausch was a Carnegie Melon professor, husband, and father of 3 who died yesterday of cancer at the age of 47. He gave his last lecture on September 18, 2007which has inspired millions of people and also been turned into a best-selling book. Even though the lecture was given in a college campus setting, he notes that the lecture was written for his 3 young kids who would grow up without a father. Now, the lecture is over an hour long, but if you take the time to listen to it, I promise that you will be touched and inspired - but one thing that i cannot promise is that you will have dry eyes. It sure puts our lives in perspective - so if you need a little of that today, go to this link. I hope it works!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo
If you don't have an hour to watch this - Oprah had Randy do a condensed version that you can watch here:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8577255250907450469
No comments:
Post a Comment