Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Animals!

Wow - I can't believe it's July already! Where has this year gone? As Isaac gets closer to his third birthday I am seeing so many changes in the way that he plays. The other day we couldn't find him - he had gone upstairs to play by himself. When I called to him to see what he was doing he hollered "me doin' upstairs". He came down the stairs with his arms full of stuffed animals and headed towards the basement.

To put all of his animals in the dump truck - right where they belong - of course!
He is really starting to "play" with his toys and think about different ways to play with them. The other night he was sorting out all his toys in the living room - dividing up which ones belonged upstairs in his room, which ones belonged in the basement, and which ones stayed put. (If any of you know me very well you will know that he gets this from me!) Another time I found him in the living room lining up all his cars in straight lines on the rug - later these same cars were all lined up under the edge of the couch "hiding".
One more quick funny story before I sign off....we were eating breakfast one morning earlier this week and when Isaac was finished he pushed his plate away and declared "me make happy plate - Amen!" That one kept me smiling all day!

No comments: