Last night was Isaac's first night in his new "big boy" bed. As you can see from the photo - he looks like quite a little boy in it! I'll post more pictures of his room and the other furniture later - I didn't want to wake him up from his nap!
Before we put him to bed last night, John and I made a bet on how many times he would get up from his bed before he went to sleep. We had made the decision that we were not going to lay with him until he fell asleep - that we would just tough it out and put him back to bed as many times as we needed to. I took the number 5 - and gave John the option of over or under....the stakes - a backrub. Well - John took "under 5" and won by a landslide! After I read him some books tucked him in, and John did the same, he just curled up and went to sleep! Not even an attempt to get out of the new bed that he could now actually get out of by himself!!! I woke up once at 3:30am to his crying - apparently he had fallen out of bed because he was curled up on the floor sobbing. After a little milk, though, he went back to sleep by himself again in his bed and slept until morning - what a little trooper!
I was sure that naptime was going to be a struggle - but after just a little crying and not even an attempt to get out of bed he fell right asleep - and as you can see from the photo he looks very comfortable! What a sweet little boy!...it almost makes me forget about that dead wasps nest that he tried to eat outside this morning....ahhh..
No comments:
Post a Comment