Thursday, March 20, 2008

Introducing Jasper!


Ok - I am not really a cat person, nor am I the type of person that just takes random pets that appear on the doorstep into her home....but this white cat has been appearing on our back porch for the past couple weeks. (it turns out that our neighbor, Rhea, has been feeding him for the past couple weeks, but can't take him in because she's allergic) Anyway, so last Saturday this little visitor took up permanent residence on our back porch. It probably didn't help that I was feeding him really yummy things......Isaac and the cat started bonding through the sliding glass door. He would sit there and sing "kitty, kitty, kitty" and the cat would put it's little paw up on the window to try to touch Isaac. When Isaac started bringing his toys over to the door to show them to the cat, I couldn't take it anymore, I was hooked. To my credit - I did put his info on a really great website where you can list lost and found cats (www.tabbytracker.com) So far, no one has claimed him......and he is really cute....

So.... Monday it was a vet visit for the cat - where I found out that he did NOT have one of those locator chips in his skin where they can find the owner, and that he was a healthy, 3-4 year old boy cat. By Tuesday, he had a new name - Jasper, and by Wednesday, he was on his way to Petsmart for a nice bath and nail trimming. He seems to be settling in quite well - and playing nice with our dog Kalli for the most part. Isaac is already in love with him. When he got up this morning, he was looking for the kitty under the bed and was disappointed to find that we had shut Jasper in the laundry room for the night.

On another note - we went down to Denver last night to have dinner with my best friend Kristin's husband, Shawn. He was in town for work and it was really great to catch up, since we haven't seen him since we moved from Dallas. (He hadn't seen Isaac since he was a tiny baby!) We had a great time - but we really missed Kristin - she had to stay back in Pittsburgh because of work - we missed you Kristin!!!

-Erin

No comments: